- Distributed Algorithms in NoSQL Databases – an overview of data consistency, data placement and system coordination algorithms.
- The CAP theorem series – a really great series of articles about CAP theorem, on terminology and misunderstandings, limits of the theorem application etc.
- Distributed systems for fun and profit – it is possibly more “book” than “article”, very good as an introduction to distributed systems.
- Returning the “Current” Type in Scala – a bit of practical Scala type-foo.
- How I learned to stop worrying and love React.
- 9 Anti-Patterns Every Programmer Should Be Aware Of – a rather useful extract from software engineers collective mind experience.
- Testing Distributed Systems w/ Deterministic Simulation by Will Wilson. I was impressed by this talk. The speaker is a Senior Engineer at FoundationDB (Apple now). He talks about how difficult it is to develop a distributed system, how it is more difficult to test it, to reproduce indeterministic bugs etc., and how they contended with this. Spoiler: before writing FoundationDB, they wrote a deterministic simulator of FoundationDB and developed end tested algorithms on it.
- Visual Studio Code – a new cross-platform Electron-based code editor from Microsoft. Looks nice and promising and works (subjectively) faster than Atom.
- scala-offheap – a type-safe off-heap memory manager for Scala.
- mscgen_js – an in-browser visualizer of sequence charts.
- p2pvc – a point to point color terminal video chat. Wow, it really works in a terminal :)
- github-changelog-generator – an automatic changelog generator from a Github repository.
- Watch People Code – live and recorded stream of people coding and commenting their work.