- Java Code to Byte Code – Part One. In the previous issue of the linkblog I posted a link to a James D Bloom’s blog post about JVM internals. This is another very interesting article from the author covering translation from Java code to JVM byte code with a great deal of examples. It is a pity that the first part remains the only so far.
- The Magnet Pattern – an article from Spray team on the Magnet Pattern in Scala. It is a very clever idea how to use Scala implicit conversions to avoid problems with type erasure during method overloading and for other benefits.
- Scala Collections Tips and Tricks – a pretty useful (especially for novices in Scala) set of DOs and DON’Ts related to Scala collection facilities.
- Visual Guide to NoSQL Systems – possibly, not completely accurate, but still very interesting positioning of NoSQL systems in CAP triangle.
- To understand the CAP theorem better, read this modern article of Eric Brewer, its author: CAP Twelve Years Later: How the “Rules” Have Changed.
- Amazing ! 25 Linux Performance Monitoring Tools – all the things from top to Nagios, a useful collection.
- Advanced Non-Relational Schemas For Big Data, a recent talk of Victor Smirnov, a friend of mine.
Unfortunately, only slides are in English.
- Scala Days: 6 of the Best Talks You Probably Missed. There was a Scala Days conference on March 16th-18th in San Francisco. On the page there are six selected talks from it including the keynote by Martin Odersky.
- ASCII fluid dynamics – have no words :)
- Forecasting: principles and practice by Rob J. Hyndman and George Athanasopoulos. I just have started to read it, but it seems to be a good introduction to forecasting and various analytics on time series.
- Introduction to Big Data with Apache Spark. The upcoming 4 week course on edX from The University of California, Berkeley. I expect some introductory material on Spark, just to touch it a little.
And a bit of humour for you :)